Asst. Chapter Director
You probably didn’t know this but:
- Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
- Lollipop is the longest word typed with your right hand.
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange silver or purple.
- Dreamt is the only English word that ends in the letters “mt”.
- The sentence: “ The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog” uses
every letter in the alphabet.
- The words ‘racecar,’
‘kayak,’ and ‘level’ are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left.
- There are only four words in the English language which end in “dous”:
tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
are only two words in the English language that have all five vowels inorder: “facetious” and “abstemious.
- Typewriter is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one
row of the keyboard.
- A “jiffy” is an actual
unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
- Almonds are a member
of the peach family.
- Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar
melted in his pocket.
- The winter of 1932 was so cold that
Niagara Falls froze completely solid.
- Winston Churchill
was born in a ladies’ room during a dance.
1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
Increasing Radius Corner - A turn where
the arc becomes less sharp as you go through the curve.